Llandudno Jazz Festival
July 26 - July 28
This year LJF presents an early-birds concert in a separate venue the night before the festival. The concert will be a separately ticketed fund-raiser, to raise money for St David’s Hospice and the young family of Ed Burke, LJF co-founder and director who sadly passed away earlier this year.
The performance will feature: Sara Oschlag, Neil Yates, Tony Kofi, Dan Shepard, Dean Masser, Andy MacKenzie, Gaz Hughes and more…
- 1pm – Chris Gumbley’s Tribute to Cannonball featuring Bryan Corbett (Sponsored by Steve and Caroline Baxter)
- 2.45pm – Tony Kofi with Alina Bzehzhinska
- 7pm – The Arrangements of Jimmy Heath – featuring Liam Byrne
- 8.30pm – Sara Oschlag with Nigel Price trio & Alan Barnes
- 10pm – Brandon Allen’s Gene Ammons Project – with Tim Lapthorne
- 1pm – Zoe Rahman
- 2.15pm – Jim Mullen & Zoe Francis
- 7pm – All-star Jamtastic!
- 8.30pm – Dean Masser’s Salute to Dexter Gordon
- 10pm – “A Different Kind Of Blue” Celebrating 60 years since Miles’ masterpiece without re-creating it!
- 1pm – Dave Newton Trio (Sponsored Artist)
- 2.45pm – Greg Abate – with Nigel Price Trio
- 7pm – Ian Shaw with Dave Newton Trio
- 8.30pm – Benn Clatworthy: Giant Stepping – featuring Steve Melling
- 10pm – Alan Barnes Octet – “Requiem Suite” featuring Mark Nightingale & Gilad Atzmon